The ALS Simulator responds to clinical intervention, instructor control, and preprogrammed scenarios for effective practice of diagnosis and treatment of a patients.
With spontaneous breathing, airway control, voice, sounds, ECG, and many other clinical features, the ALS Simulator is a fully functional emergency care simulator.
*The SimPad System is required for operation of the ALS Simulator SimPad Capable Simulator. Sold separately. See the SimPad System page for more information.
ALS Simulator is available in two versions:
Standard: Mobile SimPad controlled version with all benefits and features
Advanced: Enhanced PC software that allows video recording and debriefing, based on well proven SimMan Software. Control the patient simulator from a laptop or desktop PC, or with the SimPad System. With this version you can go back and forth between the SimPad platform and the new PC platform without losing any functionality.
Here are some of the many benefits of using the ALS Simulator in your training program:
- Educationally effective for teaching advanced lifesaving skills, communication, and teamwork through simulation
- Efficiently targets the key skills of emergency care providers
- Scenarios available from the SimStore™ library provide standardized training while customizable scenarios and real time instructor control allows adaptation to meet individual students needs
- Flexible and economical simulator platform with multiple modules accommodates a wide range of training including CPR, ACLS, NBC, trauma, bleeding control and first aid
- Cost-effective simulator for incorporating patient simulation into training programs
- Mobile for use in field, transport and hospital training
- Educational support modules enable quick orientation to case-based scenario training with the ALS Simulator. Designed with emergency care in mind, these modules contain patient scenarios based on specific learning objectives, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Durable, rugged and lifelike, made to withstand years of use
Here are some of the features of the ALS Simulator:
- Variable spontaneous breathing without cumbersome air tanks, hoses or cables, allows for simulation of a wide variety of patients with respiratory complications
- New improved airway allows for insertion of standard airway devices, including the LMA and Combitube
- Difficult airway management simulations can be practiced including obstructed airway, airway blockage, and needle and surgical cricothyrotomy
- Sensored events such as head tilt/chin lift, jaw thrust, ventilation and compressions are logged for increased debriefing capabilities
- Extensive library of rhythm variants for ECG interpretations using standard clinical monitors
- Blood pressure arm allows for palpation and auscultation of NIBP synchronized with cardiac rate and rhythms
- Realistic normal and abnormal heart, breath and bowel sounds enhance simulations
- The SimPad (sold separately) allows for mobile, effective and easy-to-run simulations
- Advanced version allows user to write and run a wider range of simulations. This version allows a patient monitor for expanded applications
- Optional accessories such as Nuclear, Biological and Chemical (NBC), trauma, and bleeding control modules add realism to the training scenario
Includes: Manikin, Interchangeable Pupil Set, 6 Neck Skin Collars, 1 Roll Cricothyroid Tape, Set of Replacement Pneumothorax Bladders, 6 Chest Drain Modules, Air Pump, Set of Defibrillation Posts, Jacket, Pants, Directions for Use, and Manikin Lubricant
SimCenter offers easy access to validated content from worldwide simulation experts so you can take advantage of their experience and get the most from every learning opportunity. You will find a wide range of scenarios that have been developed specifically for ALS Simulator. Visit www.mysimcenter.com to learn how you can fully optimize your learning experience.
|Visit Laerdal’s SUN site: news, events, downloads, discussion forum and more.
See how others use ALS Simulator
Students learn to resuscitateAcknowledging that many nurses need to improve their acute care skills, the univerrsity decided to implement a... Read more ›
Integrating simulation across all healthcare disciplinesSeeing that simulation enables more in debth learning is spurring the university to integrate the new training... Read more ›
Soldiers train by performing actual proceduresFull-scale simulations allow the soldiers to perform actual procedures on the manikins and enable the instructors... Read more ›