Train advanced lifesaving skills in pre-hospital setting.
SimPad PLUS is an operating device used to control Laerdal manikins and simulators and can be used with task trainers and standardised patients. It allows instructors, new or experienced, to deliver highly-effective simulation-based training.
When simulation tools are easy to use, teaching becomes more effective
With its intuitive touchscreen interface, mobile design, easy-to-operate scenarios and integrated data log, SimPad PLUS will help you achieve learning objectives with greater ease.
Use SimPad PLUS to:
Standardize the training of patient handling skills.
Deliver high quality advanced skills training.
Improve treatment of compromised newborns.
Deliver high-quality CPR training.
Train using clinically accurate skills trainers.
Realistic clinical experience
Enhance clinical realism and challenge critical thinking skills with dynamic monitoring and patient interaction.
The optional touchscreen Laerdal Patient Monitor provides concise clinical feedback and simulates physiological parameters including HR, ECG, SpO2, BP, RR, Temperature, etCO2, and 12 lead.
The included headset and microphone will enable effective two-way communication with the patient, adding ‘life’ to the simulation.
Key features of the SimPad PLUS
- Quick set up time
- Intuitive touchscreen interface
- Control of patient vital signs and physiological parameters
- Optimal data capture for effective performance debriefs
Work the way it suits you
Dual operating modes mean that SimPad PLUS features two unique ways to control simulations. Instructors can individually adjust parameters for real-time control or use pre-programmed content to reduce their workload and increase standardisation.
Run “on-the-fly” for total control over all parameters or utilise Themes for a more consistent simulation experience. Themes provide a quick and easy way to change the patient’s condition with a single “tap”.
Utilise pre-programmed scenarios for a simple and effective way to run a simulation. The logged events, as well as events detected by the patient simulator, can automatically drive the scenario forward.
Efficient debriefing and evaluation
Use the built-in Log Viewer application for debriefing immediately after a session or incorporate SimView, SimView Mobile, or Session Viewer to utilise video recording alongside the time-stamped event log from your SimPad PLUS and patient monitor to increase the educational impact of debriefing.
An integrated debriefing solution giving you the ability to study simulation events more closely
Debriefing learners after the simulation is the value-added benefit of any simulation-based learning event. SimView is an integrated debriefing solution that captures and records audio, video, relevant patient monitor data, and the simulation event log in on file.
Easily integrate structured, self-directed learning into curricula
It improves their confidence because now they can learn whenever they want and they do it on their own terms.
SimPad PLUS improvements
Our new hardware gives you a more responsive interface and a shorter boot time, allowing you to get started faster.
Required for the operation of Premature Anne
Faster data rates, fewer disconnects, and a more enjoyable user experience with dual-band wireless networking.
SimPad PLUS is compatible with:
SimPad® PLUS System is a tool that makes simulation available at your fingertips - when and where you need it. Whether you’re training on a simulator, task trainer, or standardized patient, SimPad has the flexibility to support your needs and help you provide the best possible simulation experience.
SimPad PLUS System Includes:
SimPad PLUS Handheld Remote, Link Box PLUS, 2 AC Power Supplies, Rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery, Wrist Strap for SimPad, Manikin Strap for Link Box PLUS, Protective Sleeve, USB Cable, Ethernet Cable, Handset/Microphone and User Guide.
Simulated Patient Monitor options:
- Portable tablet monitor
- Laptop monitor
- Bedside panel monitor
- Rugged tablet monitor
- The optional touchscreen patient monitor simulates Heart rate, SpO2, Blood Pressure, Respiratory Rate, Temperature, ECG, and etCO2.
- Auscultated and palpated blood pressure simulation
- Korotkoff sounds synchronized with programmable ECG
- Korotkoff sounds volume control in 10 steps, 0-9
- Systolic and diastolic pressure may be set individually in steps of 2mmhg
- Systolic 0-300mmhg, Diastolic 0-200 mmhg
- Auscultative gap, with on/off feature
- Pressure accuracy +/- 4mmhg
- Calibrate function to adjust pressure sensor and cuff gauge
- Controls carotid, brachial, radial, and umbilical pulses (available pulses vary depending on manikin)
- Pulses only active when palpated
- Pulses synchronized with ECG
- Pulse strengths dependent or independently set
- Brachial pulse off when BP cuff pressure is above 20 mmhg
- Radial pulse off when BP cuff pressure is above Systolic BP level
- 3 – 4 lead ECG
- Pacing and defibrillation capabilities
- Extensive ECG library based on the SimMan 3G ECG library
- With optional patient monitor: 12 lead ECG
- Synchronized with programmable ECG
- Aortic Stenosis
- Friction Rub
- Austin Flint Murmur
- Diastolic Murmur
- Systolic Murmur
- Mitral Valve Prolapse
- Opening Snap Msec
- Ventricular Septal Defect
- Atrial Septal Defect
- Pulmonary Stenosis
- Stills Murmur
- Normal Heart Sounds
- Synchronized with breathing rate, 0-60bpm
- Individual lung or bilateral sound selection
- Course Crackles
- Fine Crackles
- Normal Breath Sounds
- Pleural Rub
- Normal and abnormal bowel sounds
- Fetal Tones
- Hyperactive Bowel
- Hypoactive Bowel
- Normal Bowel
- Computer-generated sounds, mixed with voice input (via microphone)
- SOB Breathing
- Hiccup (infant)
- Cry (infant)
Logging / Scenario Function
- Download log files and student data to a PC
- All interventions, vital signs, and notes are time stamped and will be captured in the SimPad PLUS data log
- The SimPad PLUS log files can be viewed on the SimPad PLUS device or on a PC for post-simulation reflection and debriefing
- The SimPad PLUS System includes the SimPad PLUS Remote with 5.7” color display and touchscreen operation, and compact Link Box with rechargeable battery
- Intuitive software with Manual and Automatic modes
- Li-Ion Battery, 3 – 4 hours operating time