|This is a non-returnable/non-refundable item. All sales are final.|
The BLS for Healthcare Providers Online Part 1 Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2010
American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care.
This web-based, self-directed course uses case-based scenarios and interactive lessons to teach students about
both single-rescuer and team basic life support. Content taught includes promptly recognizing several life-threatening emergencies, providing high-quality chest compressions, delivering appropriate ventilations and providing early use of an AED. This course may be used for initial or renewal BLS for Healthcare Providers Course completion. Additionally, students have access to all information in the online course for 24 months following activation of their course key.
Successful completion of this course includes three (3) parts:
· Part 1, online portion. Upon successful completion of the online portion, including the written test/exam,
students receive a Part 1 certificate of completion, which must be presented for parts 2 and 3.
· Part 2*, a hands-on skills session with an authorized AHA BLS Instructor
· Part 3*, a skills test with an authorized AHA BLS Instructor
*Parts 2 and 3 should be completed in one “skills practice and testing” session.
Students will receive an AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers Course Completion card, issued by their Instructor’s
Training Center, upon successful completion of all three parts.
· Includes 5 (five) interactive exercises, scenarios and a written test
· Certificate of completion available to print when Part 1 has been completed successfully
· Progress bar at top of course screen and check-mark icons next to each exercise indicate students’
progress through course
· Course features tool for taking and referencing notes
· Course includes audio/video
· “Drag and drop” tool reinforces steps and sequences
· Accordion-style content navigation allows for less scrolling
· Screen and text-sized options help meet diverse learning needs
· Settings allow user to turn on and off “Video Autoplay”
· Navigation controls allow user to move easily through content
· Includes downloadable:
o BLS for Healthcare Providers Pocket Reference Card
o Adult/pediatric algorithms
o Summary of steps
o 1-2 rescuer Adult BLS (with AED) skills testing sheet
o 1-2 rescuer Infant BLS skills testing sheet
· Includes online access to the BLS for Healthcare Providers Student Manual
· Provides access to all information in online course for 24 months following activation of course key
This course is designed for healthcare professionals and other personnel seeking an alternative (non-classroom)
method for completing an initial or renewal BLS for Healthcare Providers Course.
** Your key is electronically delivered to you during checkout **
Replaces old part # 80-1055.