Effective Training for Pediatric Healthcare Providers
Delivering quality patient care requires continuous training in order to reduce errors and improve outcomes. MegaCode Kid paired with the SimPad System can help educators implement training for a wide range of emergency skills including CPR, ACLS, trauma, first aid and child abuse awareness training in field, transport and in-hospital settings.
Improve Advanced Lifesaving Skills
Educating and improving the competency of pediatric healthcare providers demands a robust training solution. MegaCode Kid has a realistic airway, extensive ECG library, defibrillation and pacing capabilities, allows drug administration and intraosseous infusion to help teach the critical skills of managing pediatric emergencies.
MegaCode Kid Features:
|Realistic airway for insertion of standard airway devices.
||Intravenous drug administration via IV bolus or drip using the multi-venous pediatric IV arm.
||Realistic needle insertion and feel at the medial malleolus and tibial tuberosity for intraosseous infusion.
|MegaCode Kid Advanced allows for the auscultation of normal and abnormal heart, breath, and bowel sounds.
||Optional Pediatric Trauma Modules add realism to the training scenario.
Making Simulation Easier with the SimPad PLUS System
MegaCode Kid operated via the SimPad PLUS System will improve your ability to deliver highly effective simulation based training and achieve your learning objectives.
SimPad PLUS System features:
- Handheld, intuitive touch screen remote for easy 'pick up and play' experience
- Operate on-the-fly or utilize Scenarios and Themes for consistent simulation training
- Optimal data capture for quality debriefing
- Mobile - teach anywhere
- Optional patient monitor provides clinical realism
Learn More about the SimPad PLUS System >
Creating An Environment For Success
For the simulation novice to sophisticated developers, SimCenter has the tools and services to help every user realize their full potential. Visit mysimcenter.com to learn how to optimize your simulation training using SimCenter and MegaCode Kid.
Access to validated, standardized content from industry experts | Learn More >
A suite of online tools that allows you to fully optimize your entire simulation center operation | Learn More >
An integrated debriefing solution giving you the ability to study simulation events more closely | Learn More >
MegaCode Kid is a realistic six-year-old child manikin for training a wide range of pediatric advanced lifesaving skills. MegaCode Kid Includes:
- Full-body Pediatric Manikin with Multi-Venous IV Training Arm and Intraosseous Leg
- IV Bag Set
- Manikin Lubricant
- Carry Case
- Directions for Use
*SimPad PLUS System (204-30001) required for operation. Sold separately.
MegaCode Kid is available in Light, Tan and Brown skin tones.
MegaCode Kid Features:
- Realistic life-size intubation trainer with a flexible tongue, arytenoid cartilage, epiglottis, vallecula, vocal cords, trachea, esophagus, and simulated lungs
- Head can be tilted forward, backward, or rotated 90 degrees to either side
- The following skills can be practiced:
- Endotracheal Intubation
- Nasotracheal Intubation
- Digital Intubation
- Oropharyngeal airway insertion and suctioning
- Nasopharyngeal airway insertion and suctioning
- Bag-Valve Mask Ventilation
- Manually generated carotid pulse
- 3-4 led ECG. With optional patient monitor: 12 lead ECG
- Pacing and defibrillation
- Articulating IV arm with replaceable skin and infusible vein system allows peripheral intravenous therapy and site care
- Venipuncture possible in the antecubital fossa and dorsum of the hand
- Accessible veins include median, basilic and cephalic
- Intraosseous infusion leg with tibial tuberosity and medial malleolus landmarks
- Fluid can be infused
- Aspiration can be realistically simulated
- Drain in heel connects to reservoir bag
SimPad PLUS System Capabilities (required for operation - sold separately)
The SimPad PLUS System simulates the following parameters:
SOUNDS (Not available for ECG Kid)
- Heart sounds synchronized with ECG
- Auscultated lung sounds synchronized with breathing, 0 - 60 BPM
- Individual lung sound selection
- Normal or abnormal bowel sounds
- Vocal sounds: Computer-generated sounds, recorded vocal sounds and real-time voice input via headset
- User generated vocal sounds
LOGGING / SCENARIO FUNCTION
- Download log files to a PC to view/print/save or import to SimView and SimManager for post-simulation reflection and de-briefing.
- Upload Scenarios and Themes from a PC via a USB or download scenarios directly from SimStore.
- Utilize SimDesigner, a PC software tool, for creating Automatic Mode Scenarios with States and Interventions, Trends and Handlers.
- Utilize Theme Editor, a PC software tool, for developing Manual Mode Themes with States and Interventions
- Store approximately 100 Themes, Scenarios, and Log files on the SimPad device.
PATIENT MONITOR (OPTIONAL)
- Touch screen simulated patient monitors provides concise clinical feedback for physiological parameters.
- The monitors color screen is configurable and provides multiple simulated parameters, each presenting multi-level alarms.
- Simulated parameters include HR, ECG, SpO2, BP, RR, Temperature, and etCO2.