|This is a non-returnable/non-refundable item. All sales are final.|
The AHA’s Learn: Rapid STEMI ID Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care.
This self-directed, online course prepares healthcare professionals to evaluate and assess patients with potential symptoms of myocardial infarction, interpret ECGs for signs of STEMI (ST-elevation myocardial infarction) and activate a system of care for rapid reperfusion of an occluded coronary artery. Learn: Rapid STEMI ID supports the efforts of the American Heart Association’s Mission: Lifeline®, a national initiative to
improve quality of care and outcomes in heart attack patients by improving healthcare systems’ readiness and response to STEMI patients.
No skills session is required to complete the course. Upon successful completion, students will receive a certificate of completion and will be eligible to apply for continuing education credits.
Following are specifications for Learn: Rapid STEMI ID:
· Understanding STEMI Systems of Care and STEMI recognition
· Basics of acute coronary syndromes (ACS) and triage of STEMI patients
· Acquiring high-quality, 12-lead electrocardiograms (ECGs)
· 12-lead findings that mimic STEMI
· Coronary anatomy related to 12-lead ECG
· Indications for activating a Heart Alert System
· Practice 12-lead ECG test
· 2-part AHA exam
· Certificate of completion available to print upon successful completion
· Access to course content for one year following activation of course key
This course is for healthcare professionals who want to improve their STEMI recognition and assessment skills or for healthcare professionals that wish to obtain continuing education credits.