SimNewB is an interactive simulator, designed by Laerdal with the American Academy of Pediatrics to meet the training requirements of the Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP). With realistic newborn traits and lifelike clinical feedback, SimNewB helps neonatal healthcare providers improve team dynamics, build confidence, and practice in a risk-free environment.
- Helps enhance the educational environment by providing highly realistic patient simulation training experiences for the practice of teamwork, leadership and communication skills.
- SimNewB is designed to be easily integrated into all neonatal training programs.
- Available in Standard and Advanced versions, SimNewB’s scalable training enables instructors to vary simulations from the delivery room to the NICU.
- Innovative user interface and scenario designs allow instructors to control the simulator's responses throughout a training session with the push of a button on a handheld remote control or a laptop PC.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program Simulation Support Materials (included with the purchase of SimNewB) are mapped directly to the NRP course materials, facilitating delivery of consistent simulations, reinforcing the NRP curriculum and enabling instructors to easily integrate simulation into their NRP and other neonatal training programs.
- SimNewB accurately represents a full-term, 50th percentile newborn female, measuring 21 inches and weighing 7 lbs.
- A wide variety of patient conditions can be simulated ranging from a limp, cyanotic newborn with no vital signs, to a moving, crying, vigorous newborn.
- The airway is designed to allow for training in all aspects of newborn airway management, including the use of positive-pressure airway devices, and the placement of ET Tubes and LMAs.
- The patent umbilicus has a life-like pulse that can be assessed, cut and catheterized for IV access.
- Pre-programmed scenarios provide standardized training while customizable scenarios and real-time instructor control allows adaptation to meet individual student's needs.
Visit Laerdal's SUN site: news, events, downloads, tutorials, discussion forums & more
SimNewB Advanced Version
Realistic Airway & Breathing
- Anatomically Accurate, Realistic Airway
- ET Tube Insertion
- LMA Insertion
- Sellick Maneuver
- Positive-Pressure Ventilation
- Right Mainstem Intubation
- Variable Lung Resistance
- Gastric Tube Insertion
- Spontaneous breathing, with variable rate
- Bilateral and unilateral chest rise and fall
with associated breath sounds
- CO2 Exhalation
- Pneumothorax- Unilateral needle thoracentesis,
- Normal and abnormal breath sounds
- Meconium module for suction removal
- Stomach distention
- Accurately represents a full-term, 50th percentile newborn female
- Measures 21 inches and weighs 7lbs
- Extensive ECG library with rates from 10 – 300 bpm
- ECG monitoring via 3-lead monitor
- Realistic depth of CPR compressions
- Detection of CPR compressions displayed on the debriefing log
- Patent, cuttable umbilicus with venous and arterial access for bolus or infusion
- Simulated blood flashback upon cannulation
- Bilateral IO access via tibias
- IV access via the umbilical cord
- Umbilical and brachial pulse synchronized with ECG
- Blood pressure measured automatically or manually by auscultation of Korotkoff sounds
- Circumoral cyanosis
- Lung sounds: Normal and abnormal breath sounds such as Coarse Crackles, Fine Crackles, Pneumonia, Wheeze, Rhonchi, Stridor and Wheezes
- Heart sounds: Normal, Systolic Murmur, Aortic Stenosis, Austin Flint Murmur, Stills Murmur, Atrial Septal Defect (ASD), Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD) and Pulmonary Stenosis
- Vocal sounds: Content, Hiccups, Grunting, Strong Cry, Weak Cry, Cough, and Scream
- Easy-to-use remote control with icons
- Preset patient states on remote control map to NRP Simulation Support Materials
- Can be operated wirelessly
- Interchangeable pupils offer normal, dilated and constricted sizes
- Movement in all four limbs: Limp, Tone, Spontaneous Motion and Seizure
NRP Simulation Support Materials
- 11 prewritten scenarios
- Materials mapped directly to the Neonatal Resuscitation Program
- Instructor support for consistent delivery of course content
- Learn more about the NRP Scenario Learning Objectives
Software and Debriefing Viewer
- Easy-to-operate software based on well proven SimMan/SimBaby software platform
- Manual control over all parameters
- Scenarios, with Trends and Handlers, can be preprogrammed by the user
- Web-camera recording
- Review event log together with synchronized recording of the patient monitor and in-room video
- Stand alone debrief viewer for offsite review
Simulated Patient Monitor Features
- Simulated patient monitor allows users to configure the layout and content to match the simulation environment.
- Highly configurable
- Simulate several parameters including Heart Rate - ECG - SPO2 - NIBP - ETCO2 - Respirator Rate
- Multi-level alarm
- Touch Screen Operation