The IM Hip Task Trainer allows visualization of the relationship of bone to muscle while training the administration of medication via dorsogluteal injection.
- Realistic anatomical structures enable visualization of internal anatomy
- Sacrum, innominate, upper femur, and coccyx
- Sciatic nerve and sacral plexus
- Gluteus maximus and gluteus medius
- Femoral artery, vein, and nerve
- Student able to visualize line from the posterior superior iliac spine to the greater trochanter of the femur
- Skin wrap simulating subcutaneous fat aids in learning to determine appropriate needle length