SimMan® is a portable and advanced patient simulator for team training. SimMan® has realistic anatomy and clinical functionality. SimMan® provides simulation-based education to challenge and test students’ clinical and decision-making skills during realistic patient care scenarios. SimMan® includes well-proven software and an interactive technologically advanced manikin allowing learners to practice the emergency treatment of patients.
- Educational effectiveness - through providing highly realistic patient simulation training experiences for the practise of teamwork, leadership and communication skills.
- Multi function use - facilitates training of a wide range of health care professionals encompassing all areas of patient care.
- Cost efficient- robust and dependable for long term durability and cost efficiency.
- Practise uncommon scenarios - practise in training the unusual cases that learner may face in real life.
- Easy to operate and control – gives flexibility in using the simulator by several instructors in your education program.
- Anatomically realistic - enabling a wide range of emergency medical interventions to be practised.
- Logistically convenient and portable with quick and easy assembly and disassembly.
- Full scale patient simulator which allows you to perform relevant ALS skills and scenarios.
- Interactive manikin which gives you immediate feedback to interventions.
- Simulated patient monitor with touch-screen technology including the possibility to configure your layout and content to mach your simulation environment.
- SimMan software comes with pre-programmed scenarios, instructors can also design and save their own patient cases.
- Trend curves on instructor’s panel control how the physiological parameters will change over time, and multiple trends can be run simultaneously with their effects added together.
- Simulator utilises software generating automatic debriefing, based on the event log synchronized with video pictures, which provide immediate, detailed feedback on performance to learners.
- Patented airway system allows accurate simulation of all relevant difficult airway management scenarios.
- Realistic practise of chest tube insertion
- Needle and surgical cricothyrotomy
- Bronchial tree is anatomically accurate in size, colour and texture and features the accurate anatomical landmarks necessary to facilitate realistic fiberoptic bronchoscopy.
- Simulated patient monitor with touch-screen technology
- Simulated patient monitor can provide snap shot of x-ray, 12-lead ECG and trends.
- SimMan software comes with pre-programmed scenarios; instructors can also design and save their own patient cases
- Event handlers allow user to create automatic responses
to actions performed by students
- Trend curves on instructor’s panel control how the physiological parameters will change over time
- Multiple trends can be run simultaneously with their effects
- Integrated video debriefing system combining event log with synchronized recordings of patient monitor and in-room video.
- User entered comments can be automatically added to the log
to aid in evaluation of performance during debriefing
- Scenarios can also generate automatic comments in the log
|Visit Laerdal’s SUN site: news, events, downloads, online tutorials, discussion forum and more.|
See how others use SimMan®
LLEAP Implementation at the VCOM Simulation and Education Technology CenterThe VCOM Simulation and Education Technology Center provides a learning environment to promote humanism and professionalism... Read more ›
METS Center for simulation benefits from installing LLEAPLaerdal partnered with METS Center to validate LLEAP software during it's testing and development. Read more ›
Reduced clinical risk and improved patient safetyReduced clinical risk and improved patient safety are at the heart of Southern Health’s decision to vertically... Read more ›