|This is a non-returnable/non-refundable item. All sales are final.|
The AHA's Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care and the 2015 American Heart Association and American Red Cross Update for First Aid.
This Instructor-led course is a classroom, video-based course that teaches students to respond to and manage illnesses and injuries in a child or infant in the first few minutes until professional help arrives. It covers topics including treating bleeding, allergic reactions, broken bones and sprains, seizures, and additional first aid emergencies. This course also includes child CPR and AED use, infant CPR, and an optional module in adult CPR and AED use.
Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED teaches skills using AHA's research-proven practice-while-watching technique, which allows Instructors to observe students, provide feedback, and guide students' learning of skills. Upon successful completion of the course, including a first aid, CPR and AED skills test, students receive a Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED course completion card, valid for two years.
After successfully completing the Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Course, students will be able to:
- List the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of a rescuer providing first aid to a child or infant
- Describe the 4 key steps in first aid for children and infants: prevent, protect, assess, and act
- Remove protective gloves (skill student will demonstrate)
- Find the problem (skill student will demonstrate)
- Describe the assessment and first aid actions for the following life-threatening conditions: difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, and shock
- Control bleeding and bandaging (skills student will demonstrate)
- Use an epinephrine pen (skill student will demonstrate)
- Recognize elements of common injuries
- Recognize elements of common illnesses
- Describe how to find information on preventing illness and injury
- Recognize the legal questions that apply to pediatric first aid rescuers
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult*
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Give effective breaths by using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult*
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on a child
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant
The Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Student eBook is the electronic equivalent of the AHA’s printed Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Student Workbook. It offers an alternative to the printed student workbook and is for use by a single student before, during, and after the Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Course.
A separate supplementary tool, the Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid Digital Quick Reference Guide, is available free of charge with the purchase of the Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Student eBook. Additional supplementary tools, the Child and Infant CPR AED Digital Reminder and Adult CPR AED Digital Reminder are automatically included with the purchase of the Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Student eBook.
The AHA’s eBook Store provides 24/7 access to browse, purchase, view, and download AHA CPR, first aid, and advanced cardiovascular care materials. The AHA’s eBooks Store supports online access via Internet browser or offline access on mobile devices using the AHA eBooks app or the offline reader, iPublishCentral.
Minimum technical requirements are available at https://ebooks.heart.org/staticcms/support
Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED is intended for those involved in childcare who have a duty to respond to
illnesses and injuries in a child or infant in the first few minutes until professional help arrives. This audience
includes child care workers, teachers, foster care workers, camp counselors, youth organizations, and coaches
for children’s sports organizations. This course is also ideal for parents, grandparents, babysitters, and guardians.
ISBN # 978-0-61669-510-1