License products are non-returnable/non-refundable items. All sales are final.
HeartCode ACLS is the AHA’s blended learning delivery method for the AHA’s ACLS Course. Blended learning is a combination of eLearning, in which a student completes part of the course in a self-directed manner, followed by a hands-on session.
HeartCode ACLS is a self-directed, comprehensive eLearning program that uses eSimulation technology to allow students to assess and treat patients in virtual healthcare settings. To enter the course, students must complete a precourse self-assessment. Students will then be presented with a team dynamics lesson and 10 In-hospital patient cases, including a BLS case and 2 megacode cases. The cases may be repeated as many times as necessary to pass. Upon successful completion of all the patient cases, students will take a multiple choice exam and must pass with a minimum score of 84%. There are a variety of additional videos as well as the ACLS Provider Manual and the 2015 Handbook of Emergency Cardiovascular Care to enhance learning and facilitate successful completion of the patient cases.
Following are the specifications for HeartCode ACLS:
· Includes 10 in-hospital patient cases. Individual scenarios within each case may vary depending on the on the learner to maximize the learning opportunities and mimic the variation of real-life scenarios
- Systematic Approach
- Science of Resuscitation
- High-Quality BLS
- Airway Management
- Acute Coronary Syndromes
- Team Dynamics
- Megacode (2)
- Algorithms (4)
eSimulation cases include:
- BLS case
- 7 cardiovascular, respiratory and stroke cases
- 2 megacode cases
· Summary of critical concepts provided for each eSimulation case
· Virtual debriefings provided immediately after each eSimulation
· Provides online access to the ACLS Provider Manual and the 2015 Handbook of ECC
· Multiple choice, 50-question exam to test cognitive knowledge
· Certificate of completion available to print after HeartCode ACLS modules, exam, and course evaluation have been completed successfully
· Students may access all information included in HeartCode ACLS for 24 months (two years) following activation of course
This blended learning course requires prior knowledge of ACLS, and may be better suited to students renewing their
course completion card versus those taking an ACLS Course for the first time.
Replaces old part # 90-1405
ISBN # 978-1-61669-498-2