|This is a non-returnable/non-refundable item. All sales are final.|
The AHA’s eBooks Store provides 24/7 access to browse, purchase, view and download AHA CPR, first aid and advanced cardiovascular care materials.
The AHA's Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care and the 2015 American Heart Association and American Red Cross Update for First Aid. This classroom, Instructor-led course is designed to prepare students to provide first aid, CPR, and automated external defibrillator (AED) use in a safe, timely, and effective manner.
Upon successful completion of the course, including a first aid skills demonstration and a CPR and AED skills test, students receive a Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED course completion card, valid for two years.
After successfully completing this course, students should be able to:
• List the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of the first aid rescuers
• Describe the key steps in first aid
• Remove protective gloves
• Find the problem
• Describe the assessment and first aid actions for the following life-threatening conditions: heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke
• Use an epinephrine pen
• Control bleeding and bandaging
• Recognize elements of common injuries
• Recognize elements of common illnesses
• Describe how to find information on preventing illness and injury
• Recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers
• Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
• Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
• Recognize when someone needs CPR
• Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
• Perform as a team member during multi-rescuer CPR
• Give effective breaths using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
• Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult
• Perform high-quality CPR for a child*
• Demonstrate how to use an AED on a child*
• Perform high-quality CPR for an infant*
• Describe how to use an AED on an infant*
• Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
• Demonstrate how to help a choking infant*
*Child and infant modules are optional
The Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Student Workbook eBook is the electronic equivalent of the AHA’s Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Student Workbook. It offers an alternative to the printed manual.
Separate supplementary tools, the Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Digital Quick Reference Guide, Adult CPR AED Digital Reminder Card, and Child and Infant CPR AED Digital Reminder Card are automatically included with the purchase of the Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Student Workbook eBook.
Heartsaver courses are intended for anyone with little or no medical training who needs a course completion card for job, regulatory or other requirements. These courses can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting.
The Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Student Workbook is for use by a single user as a student reference tool before, during, and after the course.
ONLINE VIEWING (eBook available online via tablet, computer browser and tablet app)
NOTE: For full functionality, use Flash Version 22.214.171.124 and up.
• Internet Explorer -> Version 10.0 and above
• Mozilla Firefox -> Version 30 and above
• Google Chrome-> Version 35 and above
• Opera-> Version 23 and above
• Safari -> Version 5.3 and above
• Firefox -> Version 18 and above
• Opera -> Version 23 and above
• Mac -> iTunes App Store
• Android -> Google Play
To access AHA eBooks for offline viewing, download the iPublishCentral desktop reader from the My Bookshelf page at http://eBooks.heart.org using an Internet connection.
NOTE: The latest version of Adobe Air must be installed.
Repaces product: 90-2313EB