|This is a non-returnable/non-refundable item. All sales are final.|
BLS is the foundation for saving lives after cardiac arrest. The AHA’s BLS Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (2015 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC). This video-based, Instructor-led course teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in both in-facility and prehospital settings.
After successfully completing the BLS Course, students should be able to • Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Describe all of the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for adults, children and infants
- Describe the importance of early use of an AED and demonstrate its use
- Provide effective ventilations by using a barrier device
- Describe the importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
The BLS Instructor Manual eBook is the electronic equivalent of the AHA’s BLS Instructor Manual. It offers an alternative to the printed manual and includes essential information and Lesson Plans that AHA BLS Instructors need to teach the BLS Course.
Please note, because this tool is electronic, there are no separate supplementary tools (e.g., reference cards, guides); instead, all information is accessible electronically.
The AHA’s eBooks Store provides 24/7 access to browse, purchase, view and download AHA CPR, first aid and advanced cardiovascular care materials. The AHA’s eBooks Store supports online access via Internet browser or offline access on mobile devices using the AHA eBooks app or the offline reader, iPublishCentral.
Following are the technical specifications for the BLS Provider eBook:
- Internet Explorer -> Version 9.0 (partial support – some features may not work as expected), version 10.0 and above (full support)
- Mozilla Firefox -> Version 30 and above
- Google Chrome-> Version 35 and above
- Opera-> Version 23 and above
- Safari: Version 5.3
- Firefox: Version 18
- Opera: Version 23 and above
NOTE: For full functionality, Flash Version 220.127.116.11 and up
Offline viewing: PC or Mac:
- To access AHA eBooks offline, first download the iPublishCentral reader from the My Bookshelf page at http://eBooks.heart.org using an Internet connection and current access rights to the title(s)
- Adobe Air, latest version
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- Available memory space 500MB and above
Android tablet app
- Android 4.0 or later, access to Google Play Market. Download AHA eBooks free app available through the Google Play store.
- RAM 2GB
- Available Memory Space 500MB and above
This course is designed for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills in a wide variety of in-facility and prehospital settings.
The BLS Instructor Manual eBook is for use by AHA BLS Instructors. Each Instructor must have his/her own copy of the Instructor manual for teaching the BLS Course.
ISBN # 978-1-61669-411-1