The HeartCode ACLS Part 1 program has been updated to reflect new science in the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care. Key science changes include the new CPR sequence, continued emphasis on high quality CPR, an additional link in the Chain of Survival for Post-Arrest Care and the use of continuous waveform capnography to monitor CPR quality and detect ROSC.
HeartCode is a self-paced instructional eLearning program that uses eSimulation technology to allow students to assess and treat patients in virtual healthcare settings. In this environment, students apply their knowledge to real-time decision making and skills development. Debriefings and coaching are provided immediately after each simulation to facilitate learning about basic and advanced life support.
Successful completion of the full ACLS Course using HeartCode ACLS includes three parts:
- HeartCode ACLS Part 1. Upon successful completion of the cognitive portion, including the video-based cognitive lessons, 10 patient cases, and a 50-question multiple choice exam, students receive a Part 1 certificate of completion, which must be presented for Parts 2 and 3, Skills Practice and Testing.
- Part 2*, a hands-on skills practice session with an AHA ACLS Instructor or using a voice-assisted manikin (VAM) system
- Part 3*, a skills test with an AHA ACLS Instructor or using a VAM system
*Parts 2 and 3 should be completed in one “skills practice and testing” session.
New for HeartCode G2010 - the OnlineAHA.org version of the program is now Mac-compatible.
** Your key is electronically delivered to you during checkout **
Presents 10 interactive, hospital-based patient scenarios, using eSimulation technology:
- One BLS case
- Seven cases representing cardiovascular, respiratory and stroke emergencies
- Two Megacode cases
- Precourse self-assessment gauges students’ knowledge and application of ECG recognition and pharmacology
- Videos summarize critical concepts for each patient scenario
- Team dynamics lesson reinforces critical concepts for communication and effectiveness
- Emphasis on effective code team leader skills
- Students assess and virtually treat patients following the ACLS algorithms
- Debriefings and coaching provided immediately after each simulation, with hyperlinks to the referenced section of the ACLS Provider Manual
- Multiple choice, 50-question exam to test cognitive knowledge; program immediately identifies incorrect answers and provides a hyperlink to the appropriate section of the ACLS Provider Manual for instant remediation
- Certificate of completion available to print when Part 1 has been completed successfully
- Includes course evaluation that must be completed before certificate of completion can be printed
- Includes online access to the ACLS Provider Manual, the 2010 AHA Guidelines for CPR & ECC and the 2010 Handbook of Emergency Cardiovascular Care for Healthcare Providers
- Provides access to all information in course for 24 months (two years) following activation of course key
- Provides up to 10.25 hours continuing education credit
Replaces old part # 80-1516