The HeartCode BLS Part 1 program has been updated to reflect new science in the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care. Key science changes include the new CPR sequence, the addition of AED use in infants, continued focus on high-quality CPR and the emphasis on switching healthcare providers frequently to maintain quality chest compressions.
HeartCode is a self-paced instructional eLearning program that uses eSimulation technology to allow students to assess and treat patients in virtual healthcare settings. In this environment, students apply their knowledge to real-time decision making and skills development. Debriefings and coaching are provided immediately after each simulation to facilitate learning about basic life support.
Successful completion of the full BLS for Healthcare Providers Course using HeartCode BLS includes three parts:
- HeartCode BLS Part 1. Upon successful completion of the cognitive portion, including the video-based lessons, five patient scenarios and a multiple choise exam, students receive a Part 1 certificate of completion, which must be presented for Parts 2 and 3, Skills Practice and Testing.
- Part 2*, a hands-on skills practice session with an AHA BLS Instructor or using a voice-assisted manikin (VAM) system
- Part 3*, a skills test with an AHA BLS Instructor or using a VAM system
*Parts 2 and 3 should be completed in one “skills practice and testing” session.
New for HeartCode G2010 - the OnlineAHA.org versions of the program are now Mac-compatible.
** Your key is electronically delivered to you during checkout **
· Presents five interactive patient scenarios, using eSimulation technology:
- Two adult two-rescuer BLS cases
- One child one-rescuer BLS case
- One infant two-rescuer BLS case
- One infant one-rescuer BLS case
- Summary of critical concepts provided for each patient scenario
- Debriefings and coaching provided immediately after each simulation, with hyperlinks to the referenced section of the BLS for Healthcare Providers Student Manual
- Includes 14 BLS video lessons and two video tutorials
- Multiple choice, 25-question exam to test cognitive knowledge; program immediately identifies incorrect answers and provides a hyperlink to the appropriate section of the BLS for Healthcare Providers Student Manual
- Certificate of completion available to print when Part 1 has been completed successfully
- Includes course evaluation that must be completed before certificate of completion can be printed
- Includes printable BLS for Healthcare Providers Pocket Reference Card
- Provides full access to the BLS for Healthcare Providers Student Manual, 2010 AHA Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care and the BLS portion of the 2010 Handbook of Emergency Cardiovascular Care for Healthcare Providers
- Provides access to all information in course for 24 months (two years) following activation of course key
Replaces old part # 80-1470