The AHA’s Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Course has been updated to reflect science in the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care.
Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED is a classroom-based, video-driven course led by an AHA Heartsaver or Basic Life Support (BLS) Instructor. This course teaches the following skills using the AHA’s research-proven Practice-While-Watching technique:
- First aid basics (including scene safety, finding the problem, calling for help and more)
- Medical emergencies (including actions for choking, breathing problems, shock and more)
- Injury emergencies (including actions for bleeding, broken bones, burns and more)
- Environmental emergencies (including actions for bites and stings, and temperature-related and poison emergencies)
- Adult CPR AED (with a mask)
- Optional modules in child CPR AED and infant CPR, including child and infant choking
Upon successful completion of all course requirements, students receive a Spanish Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED course completion card, valid for two years.