Nursing Baby training includes sounds auscultation, IV and IO skills, fontanelle assessment, urinary catheterization and general pediatric patient care. This infant is unrivaled for clinical training in core pediatric in-hospital clinical skills.
*The SimPad System is required for operation of the Nursing Baby SimPad Capable Simulator. Sold separately. See the SimPad System page for more information.
- Educationally effective for training of in-hospital infant skills
- Pre-programmed scenarios provide standardized training while customizable scenarios and real-time instructor control allows adaptation to meet individual student’s needs
- Effective education in the special care of infant patients
- Economical and educationally efficient skills and scenario-based trainer for care and management of a variety of common and uncommon in-hospital infant patients in multiple clinical settings and hospital transport
- Durable, rugged and lifelike; made to withstand years of use
- Normal, bulging and depressed fontanelles for assessment and diagnosis
- Head with anatomical landmarks, trachea and esophagus along with simulated lungs and stomach allow the practice of many procedures, including NG, OG, tracheal care and suctioning
- Bilateral deltoid and bilateral thigh intramuscular injections are possible
- Articulating IV arm and IV leg allow for practice of IV cannulation, medication administration, site care and maintenance
- Medication and fluid administration through intraosseous infusion allowed via tibia access with landmarks at the tibial tuberosity and medial malleolus
- Gastrostomy tube opening for care and feeding
- Presents normal and abnormal heart, breath, and bowel sounds for auscultation
- Interchangeable genitalia allows for urinary catheterization with fluid return, rectal temperature simulation, and administration of suppositories
Making Simulation Easier with the SimPad System
Nursing Baby operated via the SimPad System will improve your ability to deliver highly effective simulation based training and achieve your learning objectives.
SimPad System features:
Creating An Environment For Success
For the simulation novice to sophisticated developers, SimCenter has the tools and services to help every user realize their full potential. Visit mysimcenter.com to learn how to optimize your simulation training using SimCenter and Nursing Baby.
Access to validated, standardized content from industry experts | Learn More >
A suite of online tools that allows you to fully optimize your entire simulation center operation | Learn More >
An integrated debriefing solution giving you the ability to study simulation events more closely | Learn More >