This Instructor-led classroom course is designed to prepare students to provide CPR and use an automated external defibrillator (AED). Upon successful completion of the course, including a CPR and AED skills test, students receive a Heartsaver CPR AED course completion card (print or eCard), valid for two years.
Successful students should be able to:
- Recognize: when someone needs CPR and explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Describe: how high-quality CPR improves survival; how to use an AED on an infant*; when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Perform: high-quality CPR for an adult; as a team member during multi-rescuer CPR; high-quality CPR for a child*; high-quality CPR for an infant*
- Demonstrate: how to use an AED on an adult; how to help a choking infant*; how to use an AED on a child*
- Give effective breaths using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
The Heartsaver CPR AED Student Workbook is for use by a single user as a student reference tool before, during, and after the course. Package contains 6 student workbooks.
Following are the specifications for 1 Heartsaver CPR AED Student Workbook:
- 8.375" x 10.875" manual
- Saddle-stitched within a full-color soft cover
- Includes 72 pages of full-color images and text
- Includes one 2.875" x 3.75" 7-panel Adult CPR AED Reminder Card
- Includes one 2.875" x 3.75" 8-panel Child and Infant CPR AED Reminder Card
Heartsaver courses are design
ed for anyone with little or no medical training who needs a course completion card for job, regulatory (e.g., OSHA), or other requirements. These courses can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting.