This Instructor-led classroom course is designed to prepare students to provide first aid in a safe, timely, and effective manner. Upon successful completion of the course, including a first aid skills demonstration, students receive a Heartsaver First Aid course completion card (print or eCard), valid for two years.
Successful students should be able to:
- Recognize elements of common injuries and illnesses in addition to the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers
- Describe: the key steps in first aid; the assessment and first aid actions for the following life-threatening conditions: heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke; how to find information on preventing illness and injury
- List the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of the first aid rescuer
- Remove protective gloves
- Use an epinephrine pen
- Control bleeding and bandaging
The Heartsaver First Aid Student Workbook is for use by a single user as a student reference tool
before, during, and after the course. Package contains 6 student workbooks.
Following are the specifications for the Heartsaver First Aid Student Workbook:
- 8.375" x 10.875" manual
- Includes 88 pages of full-color images and text
- Saddle-stitched within a full-color soft cover
- Includes one 4" x 6.5" 5-panel Heartsaver First Aid Quick Reference Guide (also sold separately; AHA
- product #15-1022)
Heartsaver courses are designed for anyone with little or no medical training who needs a course completion card for job, regulatory (e.g., OSHA), or other requirements. These courses can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting.