The Heartsaver for K-12 Schools cards are issued to students who successfully complete Heartsaver CPR AED courses in K-12 schools. The Heartsaver CPR AED Course teaches adult CPR and AED use. Optional course modules that may be taught and marked on the Heartsaver for K-12 Schools card include Child CPR AED, Infant CPR, First Aid, and Optional Exam.
The Heartsaver for K-12 Schools course completion card front features the AHA Heart & Torch logo, a green mortarboard watermark, and the card name printed in green. Language on the front of the card specifies the card audience of K-12 school systems.
Each 3-card sheet includes three (3) cards separated by perforations. Card sheets are formatted for printing on a variety of printers, and require printing on only one side. A merge document template to appropriately fill the data fields is available to Training Center Coordinators via their access to the AHA Instructor Network. Instructions for printing cards are included on each card sheet, as well as on a “practice template” tip sheet enclosed in each package. For more information regarding printing instructions and card security features, refer to the AHA Program Administration Manual (PAM).
• Package includes 8 sheets (3 cards per sheet, with perforations separating the cards)
• 8.5” x 11” sheets
• Card size: front and back unfolded totals 6 3/4” x 2 1/8”; folded in half, card totals 3 3/8” x 2 1/8”
• Peel-and-fold format
• Card front includes the following optional modules (Instructor to strike through modules not completed):
- Child CPR AED
- Infant CPR
- First Aid
• Spaces on card back for Training Center ID# and Instructor ID# included
• Space on card back for School Name instead of TC Location
• Security microprint unique using the card title repeated (HEARTSAVERFORK-12SCHOOLSHEARTSAVERFORK-12SCHOOLS…)
The Heartsaver for K-12 Schools course completion card may be provided by AHA Training Center Coordinators to K-12 school students, faculty, and staff who successfully complete an AHA Heartsaver CPR AED Course. “Faculty” refers to teachers and coaches; “staff” refers to an employee of a K-12 school or K-12 school system.
AHA course completion cards are available for purchase only to authorized AHA Training Center Coordinators. Training Center Coordinators must use their Training Center security code to order course cards.