BLS is the foundation for saving lives after cardiac arrest. The AHA’s BLS Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (2015 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC). This video-based, Instructor-led course teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in both in-facility and prehospital settings.
After successfully completing the BLS Course, students should be able to
- Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Describe all of the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for adults, children and infants
- Describe the importance of early use of an AED and demonstrate its use
- Provide effective ventilations by using a barrier device
- Describe the importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
The BLS DVD is to be used by BLS Instructors to teach BLS courses, including the full classroom and the blended learning versions. It allows BLS Instructors to choose one of two tracks, in-facility or prehospital, based on their specific student audience.
Following are the specifications for this DVD set:
- Two-disc set: Disc one = Instructor-led course. Chapters: 1. Course Introduction 2. Life is Why 3. 1-Rescuer Adult BLS 4. AED and Bag-Mask Device 5. 2-Rescuer Adult BLS 6. Team Dynamics 7. Child BLS 8. Infant BLS 9. Special Considerations 10. Adult and Child Choking 11. Infant Choking 12. Conclusion Disc two = Blended learning course Chapters: 1. Course Introduction 2. Life is Why 3. 1-Rescuer Adult BLS 4. AED and Bag-Mask Device 5. 2-Rescuer Adult BLS 6. Team Dynamics 7. Child BLS 8. Infant BLS 9. Special Considerations 10. Adult and Child Choking 11. Infant Choking 12. Conclusion • Subtitled • Packaged in Amaray case • Shrink-wrapped
This course is designed for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills in a wide variety of in-facility and prehospital settings.
The BLS DVD Set is for use by AHA BLS Instructors.
Replaces old part # 90-1035, 90-1084 and 90-1086
ISBN # 978-1-61669-408-1