Discount valid while supplies last, and cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts. These items are final sale.
The AHA’s ACLS EP Course has been updated to reflect the 2015 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC. In addition to the 2015 AHA Guidelines CPR and ECC, ACLS EP has continued basis on
· 2013 American College of Cardiology Foundation (ACCF)/AHA Guidelines for the Management of ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction and the
· 2012 ACCF/AHA Focused Update of the Guideline for the Management of Patients With Unstable Angina/Non–ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction
The goal of ACLS EP is improving outcomes in complex cardiovascular, respiratory, and other (e.g., metabolic, toxicologic) emergencies by expanding on core ACLS guidelines using critical thinking and decision-making strategies. Through instruction and active participation in case-based scenarios, students enhance their skills in the differential diagnosis and treatment of pre-arrest, arrest, and post-arrest patients.
After successfully completing the ACLS EP Course, students should be able to
· Demonstrate proficiency in providing BLS care, including prioritizing chest compressions and integrating use of an AED
· Recognize and manage respiratory arrest
· Recognize and manage cardiac arrest until termination of resuscitation or transfer of care, including post–cardiac arrest care
· Demonstrate effective communication as leader or member of a resuscitation team and recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance
· Apply the systematic approach to assessment, evaluation, and management of complex cardiovascular, respiratory, and other emergencies
The ACLS EP Instructor Package includes all tools needed for AHA ACLS EP Instructors to teach the ACLS EP Course.
The following items are included in this convenient package:
· ACLS EP Manual and Resource Text (product #15-1064; includes ACLS EP Systematic Approach Pocket Reference Card, ACLS Pocket Reference Card Set (product #15-1007), and ACLS EP Online Exam Key (product #15-1411)
· ACLS EP DVD Set (product #15-1063; includes Instructor materials DVD and Course Video DVD)
The ACLS EP Instructor Package is packaged in a corrugated cardboard container.
The ACLS EP Course is for seasoned healthcare providers who manage complex cardiovascular, respiratory, and
other emergencies; those who are proficient in performing BLS and ACLS skills, reading and interpreting ECGs,
understanding ACLS pharmacology; and who regularly lead or participate in emergency assessment and treatment
of prearrest, arrest, or postarrest patients. This audience includes physicians, paramedics, and emergency
department or critical care nurses. Also, the Course Director may allow other professionals who are deeply involved
in the field of resuscitation, including scientists, educators, and researchers, to take this course.
The ACLS EP Instructor Package is for use by AHA ACLS EP Instructors.
Continuing Education (CE) Information:
Continuing Education Accreditation – Emergency Medical Services
This continuing education activity is approved by the American Heart Association, an organization accredited by the
Commission on Accreditation of Pre-Hospital Continuing Education (CAPCE), for 6.75 Advanced CEHs, activity number 17-AMHA-F2-0026.
By claiming CAPCE credit, the claimant acknowledges the following: I understand that the American Heart Association
as a requirement of CAPCE accreditation will submit a record of my course completions to the CAPCE AMS. I further
understand that my course completion records may be accessed by or shared with such regulators as state EMS
offices, training officers, and NREMT on a password-protected, need-to-know basis. In addition, I understand that I may
review my record of CAPCE-accredited course completions by contacting CAPCE.
**CAPCE credit must be claimed within 6 months of participation. CME/CE credit will no longer be available once the
six-month credit claiming period has elapsed.