License products are non-returnable/non-refundable items. All sales are final.
The AHA’s PALS Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC. PALS uses a series of videos and simulated pediatric emergencies to reinforce the important concepts of a systematic approach to pediatric assessment, basic life support, PALS treatment algorithms, effective resuscitation, and team dynamics. The goal of the PALS Course is to improve the quality of care provided to seriously ill or injured children, resulting in improved outcomes.
- Includes PALS Precourse Self-Assessment to evaluate learner's ability to integrate both rhythm interpretation and use of pharmacologic agents
- Includes 12 interactive hospital-based patient scenarios (individual scenarios within each case may vary depending on the learner to maximize the learning opportunities and mimic the variation of real-life scenarios)
- eSimulation cases include
o 2 airway obstruction
o 4 shock: hypovolemic, distributive, obstructive, and cardiogenic disordered control of breathing
o lung tissue disease
o Supraventricular tachycardia
- Includes a team dynamics lesson on basic team principles and integrating these principles in a simulated code
- Summary of critical concepts provided for each eSimulation case
- Virtual debriefings provided immediately after each eSimulation
- Provides online access to the PALS Provider Manual and the 2015 Handbook of ECC
- Includes multiple choice, 50-question exam to test cognitive knowledge
- Certificate of completion available to print after HeartCode PALS modules, exam, and course evaluation have been completed successfully
- Students may access all information included in HeartCode PALS for 24 months following activation of course
Minimum technical requirements are available at http://www.onlineaha.org/technical_requirements.
The PALS Course is intended for healthcare providers who respond to emergencies in infants and children, including personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care, and critical care units, such as physicians, nurses, paramedics, respiratory therapists, pharmacists, and others who need a PALS course completion card for their job or other requirements.
HeartCode PALS is for healthcare professionals and others seeking an alternative delivery method for completing PALS training. This online course is a convenient alternative to classroom-based PALS training. This course may be used for an initial or renewal course completion card.
Continuing Education Information:
The American Heart Association is accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the ccreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical ducation (ACCME), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Replaces old part # 90-1420
ISBN # 978-1-61669-651-1