The AHA’s eBooks Store provides 24/7 access to browse, purchase, view and download AHA CPR, first aid and advanced cardiovascular care materials. The AHA’s eBooks Store supports online access via Internet browser or offline access on mobile devices using the AHA eBooks app or the offline reader, iPublishCentral.
The AHA’s PALS Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC. This classroom, Instructor-led course uses a series of videos and simulated pediatric emergencies to reinforce the important concepts of a systematic approach to pediatric assessment, basic life support, PALS treatment algorithms, effective resuscitation, and team dynamics. The goal of the PALS Course is to improve the quality of care provided to seriously ill or injured children, resulting in improved outcomes.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
• Perform high-quality Child CPR AED and Infant CPR per AHA BLS recommendations
• Differentiate between patients who do and do not require immediate intervention
• Recognize cardiopulmonary arrest early and begin CPR within 10 seconds
• Apply team dynamics
• Differentiate between respiratory distress and failure
• Perform early interventions for respiratory distress and failure
• Differentiate between compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock
• Perform early interventions for the treatment of shock
• Differentiate between unstable and stable patients with arrhythmias
• Describe clinical characteristics of instability in patients with arrhythmias • Implement post–cardiac arrest management
Students who successfully complete the PALS Course (including achieving a score of 84% or higher on the course exam) will receive a PALS Provider course completion card, valid for two years. The PALS Provider Manual eBook is the electronic equivalent of the AHA’s PALS Provider Manual. It offers an alternative to the printed course manual and is for use by a single student before, during and after the PALS Course.
A separate supplementary tool, the PALS Digital Pocket Reference Card is automatically included with the purchase of the PALS Provider Manual eBook. It is the electronic equivalent of the printed PALS Pocket Reference Card.
The AHA’s PALS Course is for healthcare providers who either direct or participate in the management of respiratory and/or cardiovascular emergencies and cardiopulmonary arrest in pediatric patients. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care, and critical care units such as physicians, nurses, paramedics, and others who need a PALS course completion card for job or other requirements
PALS Precourse Preparation Checklist Card will be available on the PALS Student Website and CPRverify.org Please go to https://ebooks.heart.org/staticcms/support and click on “technical requirements” to get the most recent technical specifications of this product.
Replaces old part #90-2326EB