Nursing Kid is a training manikin realistically representing a six-year old child. He is designed for skill and scenario-based training of the care and management of a variety of pediatric in-hospital patients. Training includes sound auscultation, IV cannulation, urinary catherization, and general pediatric patient care. This child is ideal for clinical training in core pediatric in-hospital clinical skills.
*The SimPad System is required for operation of the Nursing Kid SimPad Capable Simulator. Sold separately. See the SimPad System page for more information.
- Delivers education efficiently, targeting key skills specific to pediatric care providers
- Scenarios available from the SimStore™ library provide standardized training while customizable scenarios and real-time instructor control allows adaptation to meet individual student’s needs
- Durable, rugged and lifelike; made to withstand years of use
- Highly mobile for use in multiple clinical settings and hospital transport
- Efficient training care and management of a variety of both common and uncommon in-hospital pediatric patients including wound assessment and care, first aid, and child abuse training
- Head with anatomical landmarks, trachea, and esophagus along with simulated lungs and stomach allow the practice of many procedures, including NG, OG, tracheal care and suctioning, and insertion, securing and care of endotracheal tubes
- Allows for the auscultation and diagnosis of normal and abnormal heart, breath and bowel sounds
- Bilateral deltoid, bilateral thigh, gluteal intramuscular injections possible
- Articulating IV arm allows for practice of IV cannulation, medication administration and site care and maintenance
- Presents normal and abnormal heart, breath and bowel sounds for auscultation
- Pre-programmed and instructor-controlled scenarios aid in standardizing teaching
SimCenter™ is your simulation resource, offering comprehensive tools for every phase of the simulation process, from accessing validated content to debriefing. It makes your simulation and assessment processes easier, all so you can focus on your main goal: Teaching. SimCenter is a fully integrated system that includes:
Visit www.mysimcenter.com to learn how to fully optimize the resources offered for Nursing Kid.