BLS is the foundation for saving lives after cardiac arrest. The BLS Provider Course is a video-based, Instructor- led course that teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in both in-facility and prehospital settings
The BLS Renewal Course is for current BLS providers who need to renew their BLS skills and BLS Provider course completion card. This video-based, Instructor-led course features accelerated content that is designed for learners with existing BLS knowledge, allowing for time efficiency while teaching both single-rescuer and team BLS skills for application in both in-facility and prehospital settings.
BLS courses trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED. Content includes adult, child, and infant rescue techniques. BLS courses also teaches relief of choking. BLS teaches skills using the AHA’s research-proven Practice-While-Watching technique, which allows Instructors to observe the students, provide feedback and guide the students’ acquisition of skills. The course uses a recommended ratio of 6 students to 2 manikins to 1 instructor.
After successfully completing the BLS full or renewal course, students should be able to
- Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Describe all of the steps of the Chain of Survival
- Apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- Describe the importance of early use of an AED
- Demonstrate the appropriate use of an AED
- Provide effective ventilation by using a barrier device
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant
- Describe the importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation
- Perform as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction for an adult or child
- Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction for an infant
The BLS DVD Set with Renewal is to be used by BLS Instructors to teach the BLS Course, the BLS Renewal Course, and to conduct skills practice and testing sessions for HeartCode® BLS. Each disc allows BLS Instructors to choose one of two tracks, in-facility or prehospital, based on their specific student audience.
Following are the specifications for this DVD:
- Three-disc set
- Disc One: BLS Provider Instructor-Led Course
- Disc Two: HeartCode BLS Blended Learning Course
- Disc Three: BLS Renewal Course
- All discs are subtitled
- DVD set is packaged in an Amaray case
This course is designed for current BLS providers who need to first-time or renewal basic life support training. This DVD Set is for use by AHA BLS Instructors.
Continuing Education Information
Continuing Education Accreditation – Emergency Medical Services
This continuing education activity is approved by the American Heart Association, an organization accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Pre-Hospital Continuing Education (CAPCE), for 2.25 Basic CEHs, activity number 18-AMHA-F2-0001.
Replaces old part #15-1011
ISBN # 978-1-61669-711-2