The AHA’s Family & Friends CPR Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care.
This video-based, classroom course teaches
- Adult Hands-Only CPR and AED
- Adult CPR With Breaths (Optional)
- Mild and Severe Airway Block: How to Help a Choking Adult (Optional)
- Child CPR and AED (Optional)
- Mild and Severe Airway Block: How to Help a Choking Child (Optional)
- Infant CPR (Optional)
- Mild and Severe Airway Block: How to Help a Choking Infant (Optional)
These topics can be taught together or separately as stand-alone modules.
Skills are taught using the AHA’s research-proven practice-while-watching technique, which allows participants to practice on a CPR training manikin while skills are demonstrated in the course video.