The 2008 National Patient Safety Goal, which applies to Hospitals and Critical Access Hospitals, requires formal education for those that ask for and provide urgent response to critical conditions.
Laerdal Medical Corporation, in partnership with SimMedical, a company of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, announces the release of Rapid Response Team Training and The First 5 Minutes® training curricula. These courses provide educational materials for simulation staff, instructors and participants.
The First 5® Minutes:
- Designed for nurses, respiratory therapists, Interventional Depts (CT, Radiology), and other hospital staff
- Focuses on early recognition of critically ill patients in the first 5 minutes before the code team arrives
- Improve identification of critical situations
- Establish standardized behaviors for initial hospital responders
- Promote improved patient outcomes
Scenarios run on SimMan, SimMan 3G, ALS Simulator, or MegaCode Kelly only