HeartCode PALS completes the American Heart Association’s HeartCode portfolio, offering healthcare providers a self-directed learning option that delivers training needed to recognize and prevent cardiopulmonary arrest in infants and children.
HeartCode PALS Part 1 includes:
Twelve interactive, realistic pediatric patient scenarios, pre-course self-assessment, team dynamics lesson, and full texts of AHA’s PALS Provider Manual, PALS Core Drugs, and the 2005 AHA Guidelines for CPR & ECC – plus supplementary AHA PALS material and videos available within the program.
PALS certification or recertification in three easy steps:
|Step 1||Successfully complete the Part 1 cognitive portion of the program including patient scenarios and multiple choice exam|
|Step 2||Successfully complete skills practice and a skills test (Parts 2 and 3) with an AHA PALS Instructor|
|Step 3||Receive an official AHA PALS Provider course completion card|
HeartCode PALS offers an alternative to the traditional course and is the only PALS eLearning course that provides AHA PALS certification!
- Increase flexibility in your course offerings
- Reduce the costs associated with training
- Engaging interactivity allows learners to virtually “treat” pediatric patients
- Available 24/7, allowing students the opportunity to learn on their own time, at their own pace, with instant feedback and debriefing
- Proprietary eSimulation technology allows physiological modeling that reflects students’ treatment decisions
- HeartCode PALS is a continuing education activity
- Access to course for 1 year from initial license activation, allowing for student refresher options
HeartCode PALS Part 1 includes eSimulation technology with interactive patient cases that test the user’s ability to apply the PALS algorithms to effect treatment.
Debriefing of correct and incorrect actions for instant feedback on strengths and weaknesses with suggestions for improvement and incorporated direct links to the appropriate AHA reference material.
To Place an Order
- Click "Order Online" at the top of the page to order a HeartCode PALS prepaid CD (Part # 80-1525), or to purchase a license to unlock a Demo CD (Part # 80-1530)
- HeartCode PALS is available as a local install on the HealthStream Learning Management System.
- HeartCode PALS is also available as a cognitive-only system version set up on a single PC or multiple PCs at an institution
- To order HeartCode PALS for use on the HealthStream Learning Management System or using the HeartCode PALS System Version, please contact your Laerdal Sales Representative
Click Here to Download the FREE Trial Version - Files need to be extracted with WinZip or similar program before running installation program.
Activation and Certification Information
If you purchased a HeartCode PALS CD in a DVD case and need to activate your CD, click here
If you have successfully completed the Part 1 (cognitive) course from your HeartCode PALS program, click here to claim your CME/CE credits and certificates
View the HeartCode PALS video presentation:
* A skills test conducted by an AHA PALS Instructor is required to complete certification. Additional fees may apply for AHA Instructor-administered skills test. Individual CD or license purchasers must receive their AHA card from the AHA PALS Instructor who performed the skills test. The Laerdal Medical Training Center will not process AHA cards for individual purchasers.
** Only available in the USA **
** This AHA HeartCode course is not Mac-compatible. **